It is that time of year again! Christmas is just around the corner and your home requires its holiday touches to create a festive flair.
Decide on a colour theme for the holidays and repeat it throughout your home. Here are a few ideas…
- Change candles to ones featuring your favourite holiday colours.
- Add a holiday bow to your lampshades and planters.
- Tie a bow around 3 old books and display them on your coffee table.
- Wrap your toss pillows with ribbons to look like beautiful presents.
- Replace your table cloth with a festive one in your colours for the season.
Create a beautiful centrepiece for your table by arranging varying height crystal candleholders on a mirror with small crystal votive candles. The reflection of the candlelight in the mirror will cast a warm glow on your table. For a more rustic look, fill a wooden bowl with handmade ornaments and evergreen branches.
There are now available strings of mini lights attached to a battery pack that can be placed throughout a centrepiece or wrapped around an artificial tree or simply placed in a glass vase with some ornaments.
These special touches will add to the festive season and help make this year the best ever!